In our culture it is so easy to celebrate the foolish…to become cynical. Fight that urge! There is hope, power and love all around us…even in the darkest of times. This is the story of two Georgia wrestlers who live it.
You can be the difference in your family, at work even with a complete stranger. Kindness is the simple act of letting someone else know they’re valuable. Looking for suggestions? Here’s 10 to jump start your week:
- When someone at work or home does a great job – tell them. Let them and everyone else know it.
- Send a text or email to a person your know is going through a hard time. Let them know they are not alone.
- Signup to help out at Feed My Starving Children.
- Make it down to Bruegger’s and buy a dozen bagels and drop them off at a local firehouse or police station.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Let ’em know you’ve been thinking about them and want to stay in touch.
- Click here to volunteer for Dinner At Your Door.
- Do you read or subscribe to a blog that encourages you? Comment and encourage the author.
- Write a referral for someone you know is looking for a job without them asking.
- Offer to babysit for a friend or neighbor and give them the gift of a night out.
- Chocolate chip cookies (no explanation needed).